It’s been a blog blingirific/awardtastic time lately! And I’ve been putting off writing about it, because choosing nominees sends me into spouts of shuddering and shivering and sadness as I think about choosing between all the blogs I LOVE! Because if I follow you – I lurve you!
But ok, we’ll go from here
First, I was nominated by the wonderful Lily in Canada for the Blog of the Year award!
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- Link back to the Blog of the Year 2012 Rules page so people can read the real, complete, and fully accurate rules of this slightly-different blogger award
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
Ok, I’m going to bestow the Blog of the Year award to people that I’ve been following for practically the whole year (nobody has actually been a full year, because I didn’t discover “following” until I’d been on WordPress for about 6 months. I know – I’m a failure as a human! Baaaaaaaaah!)
My 25toFly girl Becca (Because who doesn’t love Becca?!)
Iliketheworldfuzzy Hilarious lady.
Sketches From Memory (How can you not be impressed with a guy who’s put up comics and sketches every day for a year?!)
Then there’s the new “Blog Bling Award” from the fabulous Miss Four Eyes which is 4 awards rolled into one – and the Liebster Award from the hilarious Alice! So I’m rolling all those rules into one globulous set (aka, taking just one set of rulesJ
- Write an acceptance speech, linking back to the person who gave it to you.
- Write 7 things you believe in.
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions
- Give the award to as many blogs as you would like to share the love (lurve)
Well, I’m going to say that that paragraph above is the acceptance speech… (this is why I probably will never win an Oscar, despite also never being involved in films…)
7 things I believe in
Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, Leprechauns, Care Bears, The Easter Bunny, My toys are alive, Facebook.
Oh wait, 7 things I believe in NOW? Well, I just gave a list, I’m not giving another. You’ll just have to guess what age I was for that list!
- What is the square root of 473?
… … … Oh fine! I ran and got my graphing calculator out of the kitchen. Happy?
- Do you make sure that you wear correct day of the week underwear?
Um, no. I don’t own days of the week calendar. My underwear drawer is strictly Victoria’s Secret. (That’s what happens when you work there once upon a time…)
- If today will be tomorrow’s yesterday and today’s tomorrow, when’s tomorrow?
After a good night’s sleep.
- What’s in your fridge right now?
Thanksgiving leftovers. And fudge – but that’s a gift… *sigh*
- Shirts – hang up or fold?
I mean, really it depends on the style of shirt. Collared or tshirt? Nice or every day wear? Colored or black? I have a system. It’s ROYGBIV coded…
- Does it piss you off when people spell your name wrong?
If it did I’d never be happy. I especially wouldn’t have been happy in Greece where the students argued with me about my name!
- What music are you listening to right now? I’m asking this because I’m fed up of the tunes on my ipod. Need some good recommendations.
The gentle lull of army helicopter blades as it flies over my house…
- Pet names – love ‘em or hate ‘em? (I mean baby, sweetie, honey not Buster, Rover, Fluffles).
Hate them. Baby is what you call a baby. Or a dog.
Also, this might be my anti-relationship-right-now talk going, so probably best to ignore this question…
- Blogging in bed. Do you?
I totally would! Buuuuut, my laptop gets too hot to sit on my lap…
- Planes, trains or automobiles?
ooooh, trick question! Planes for long distance travel. Trains if its guaranteed I have someone to pick me up. But auto most of the time because then I can be independent, what!.
- How much do you hate me right now?
I LURVE you for blog bling :)
Ok, IF people choose to do this, (and I specify ‘if’ no requirements here!), then here are 11 questions to answer:
- Which is your favorite part of the human face and why?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- Packing peanuts or bubble wrap?
- Have you had your 15 minutes yet?
- What’s the last event you dressed up for?
- If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
- What’s your ringtone?
- Who’s cooler: Popeye or Superman?
- Do you prefer the sunrise or sunset?
- First thing you go to when you open up Google Chrome. (Or another internet browswer if that’s your thing…)
- Is the world going to end December 21st? I NEED TO KNOW!
Ok, the NOMINEES!
Ok, for the rest, I’ve limited myself to 15 (you have no idea how hard this was). And catgoried it as well. So to start!
Some of my favorite nominated moms:
Raising My Rainbow
Some people who guaranteed will brighten my day
Jen and Tonic
Second Lunch Comic Tim
And although she’s been absent from the blogosphere for a while due to school and whatnot, I have to nominate my favorite teen Kay of “Have you seen my glass slipper”
And of course I must nominate The Woman whose job I want SO BADLY
The Mermaid at Sea
Ok, now that I’m thoroughly exhausted. I’ll kiss my wonderful nominators for the awards, and go nap now.